Pregnancy Yoga Classes
Pregnancy Yoga classes are not currently running.
Get in touch for details of coming classes Contact Kath
The Benefits of Pre-Natal Yoga
Yoga during pregnancy can keep your body supple without straining it. Yoga can relieve stress and anxiety, promoting relaxation and good sleep. Practicing breathing techniques can prepare you for giving birth. You can also bond with your baby during yoga practice.
The Dos and Don’ts of Pregnancy Yoga
- Enjoy this time for you and your growing baby
- Take advantage of this opportunity to rest and nurture yourself
- Yoga is not competitive – be aware of your limitations and don’t push yourself too hard
- Rest or come out of a pose / sequence whenever you need to
- Make the most of the Restorative and supported poses
- Practice the full complete breath
- Avoid overheating and dehydration.
- In the 1st Trimester, make only gentle movements and rest a lot
- In the 2nd Trimester, enjoy the flowing practice to strengthen and enliven but avoiding long holds or static poses
- In the 3rd Trimester, as for in the 2nd, but as your bump grows, be more careful with standing balances to avoid risk of falling and miss any poses that compromise your steady breathing and anything that compresses the bump.
- Enjoy the practice of learning to release and let go in preparation for birth and motherhood.